June 24, 2009

A new but not so nice acquaintance…

After moving back home I lived with my parents for about a year. Granted the locale (ie suburbia neighborhood with the distance of say a $25 cab ride to my favorite bars) wasn’t ideal for socializing, but it was however rent free. And so during my 12 month experiment with Jim & Brenda, my love for shopping turned into a full blown addiction. I blame it partly on living out of a suitcase for 2 years, and thus, wearing the same tired outfits over and over (and over) again. But it can mostly be attributed to a problem I’ve had since adolescence. Since I can remember any extra money I have is almost immediately spent. Now I’m not completely frivolous as I’ve never acquired any serious debt and I’ve always paid what expenses I do have on time. But to be fair, I did not and still do not, have a knack for saving.

And this brings me to my current living situation. My extra spending money now disappears around the 1st of the month and is a thing most people call ‘rent’. Rent and I are not on the best of terms. He has substantially and irrevocably put a whole in my pocket. And his image pops into my head any time I find my way to say, Jcrew.com. He is not friendly and I do not like him. But alas I now have a much cooler roommate and am only a $12 cab ride to my favorite watering holes.

And so instead of swiping my card, I am posting a few things that I have fallen in the love with over the past couple of days. Enjoy.












Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I must agree that rent is not my friend either. I kind of think he is a mean man...however, I just think that ring is fantabulous and I think Etsy is an amazing idea.

    ReplyDelete