December 30, 2009

Part 2: Spring & Summer 2009



For St. Patrick’s Day I joined my soon-to-be roommate and her sorority sisters for their annual trip to Chicago to watch, in the flesh, as the river was dyed green. From hearing MGMT’s “Electric Feel” on the streets of downtown (my favorite song of 09 by far), our coordinating “Who All Hear the Leprechaun Say Yeah” (for reference please click here) t-shirts, and reunions with old friends, it was one of the best weekends of the year.

March was also the beginning of my frantic search for the perfect apartment. In my head I had lavish dreams of big bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, recently renovated, in close proximity to favorite watering holes, etc. etc., but much to my dismay this quest was not so easy. After a month or so of intensely browsing Craigslist we found something pretty close to the above and thus the count down to Independence Day began!

The highlight of the spring has be the start of the concert season. All in all 2009 was a fantastic year for this concert go-er. Things got started with The Eagles in Columbus and Death Cab for Cutie in Louisville. In Kentucky spring also means ponies, and by ponies I mean Keeneland. If you’re not from the area that may mean nothing to you, but to this KY girl the 8 weeks that the track is open (4 in the fall, 4 in the spring) are some of the best weeks of the year. Per usual the annual sorority alumnae tailgate was had, pretty dresses were worn, lots of pictures were taken and bets were made.

What stands out in my mind about the next few months are the concerts I attended. The list goes something like this: Kings of Leon (again), Coldplay (sister’s 21st birthday gift), DMB (1st time experience with my avid DMB fan/roommate ), VIP for The Fray/Jack’s Mannequin (courtesy of my boss, thanks again), VIP for Counting Crows/Boston (again courtesy of my boss, grazi), Blink 182/Fall Out Boy/Panic At the Disco, U2/Snow Patrol at Solider Field (amazing), Kings of Leon (again again), Mat Kearney, & Guster. Phew.

So that takes us from May through October. Other highlights from these months include: moving into my own place, several Reds game, a much needed trip to Richmond, VA to see one of my favorite people on the planet, first UK football of the year (C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!) and Vegas!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment