January 7, 2010

A New Leaf

It’s January! Which means for the majority of the world, me included, it’s resolution time. Just like 99.9% of people, I’m known to make resolutions every January and like those 99.9% I am also notorious for letting those goals fall to the wayside. Not always entirely, but nonetheless it happens. So a major goal of mine for 2010 is to determine a few solid aspirations and stick to them.

So today I share with you Resolution #1: Read More

Background: After a recent trip to Borders with my most well-read friend E, I realized I have a library catalog similar to most tweens and yuppie young adults (read Harry Potter, Twilight and Nicholas Sparks’ books, with an occasional John Grisham novel). After listening to her talk about of all the books she’s read and loved, I resolved that I must indeed read more!

Timeline: 1 book per month, which simple math tells me is 12 books for the year, including at least 3 classics.

Book No. 1: The Reader

Contenders for Books 2-12: The Lovely Bones, Jane Eyre, The Lost Symbol, The Red Tent.

Please feel free to offer, ideas, suggestions, recommendations, what have you. I'm open to suggestions!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment