January 19, 2010

Note to Self

From 9-5, or 8-6, or whatever hours I’m working that day – I am an Executive Assistant – and as such I wear the appropriate business/business casual (no denim, never denim, my office hates denim) attire. This means every morning, sometimes night if I’m attempting to get a leg up on the day, I search my closet for an outfit which is both work appropriate and fits my personal style.

Today my argyle sweater vest caught my eye and after some back and forth I paired it with a blue button-down shirt. In my head I like button-down shirts. They’re crisp, professional and I can wear them about hundred ways. Well that’s all in my head, cause in reality, they wrinkle, come unbuttoned and gap. It is the gap that’s driving me insane today as my necklace keeps getting caught up in that annoying little crevice between buttons.

So note to self: You don't like oxford shirts, so quit wearing them to work!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, I cannot deal with the gap in button-down shirts. A few months ago I totally hulked out, grabbed every last button-down shirt out of my closet and donated them all. Now they're not there to tempt me in the mornings before I can think straight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL why is this me? I looove button downs but I spend the whole time I'm wearing them trying to close the bewb gap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate button downs! I've been blessed (or cursed) with huge ta-tas hence the gap. So button downs, v-necks, and scoop necks are NOT work options for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Amy Elizabeth I feel your pain, I'm definitely "cursed" as well. Although I do love vnecks, i probably have 15 in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this reminds me of just how much I hated getting dressed for work. I was an assistant buyer for a pair of women who had a problem with denim "because they don't look as good in jeans as I do." gaawd, they were awful. now i work from home and my assistant (my dog) has no problem with how i look in my sweatpants ; )

    i find that 3/4 cardigans layered over a loose, flowy shirt always felt the most comfortable.

    ReplyDelete