June 13, 2011

The Start


IMG_0252
{Top: Francesca's, Skirt: Target, Shoes: Macys}

IMG_0294

IMG_0262

IMG_0284

IMG_0251

IMG_0301


Today is day 1 of the Summer 30 for 30 Challenge. I hope you don't mind, but I've opted out of posting my 30 items and just went straight to the remixing. What I mean by opting out, is that I'm lazy and didn't get around to it. I promise I have 30 items selected, in fact if you're curious I can you send you the excel spreadsheet I created listing everything out in precise detail. What I can share with you is that it includes a lot of tops and skirts. Shocking, I know right? It's practically all I've been wearing lately.


This is also the outfit that sparked a debate between my parents. If you follow me on twitter you know that I love to tweet about the random stuff my mom {aka Bren} says. Well it shouldn't have surprised me that one day the random stuff could be about my outfit. It doesn't match would be the phrase she literally yelled at me when I came over for dinner. But no worries, my dad chimed in and had this response. It doesn't have to match to go together. Looks like someone's been secretly watching Stacy & Clinton. Thanks Dad.

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Lol love your dad! My mom is the same way, she'll give me a sideways look sometimes when I run around in one of my more out there outfits. I wanted to do the 30 for 30 this season but I'm just way too behind on laundry!! Maybe I'll just start late :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to take sides in your family's debates, b/c really Bren I love you but I gotta go with Dad on this one.  Stripes and circles are kind of made for each other in some sort of opposites attract scenario.  Please tell this outfit that it is loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha your dad's comment made me laugh. My mom is also part of the strict matching camp. I think it might be a generational thing. She used to be very concerned about my non-matching. She's used to me now, but she still dresses very matched herself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It doesn't have to MATCH, it has to GO" - Stacy London. Truer words have never been spoken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your dad!  I love this combo on you.  The skirt is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I"m so happy you're doing another remix. I would love to do this one, but I'm worried I won't have the time to post 30 outfits. I'm still considering it though...I mean, it's not too late right? I could start Wednesday after EBEW... :) I'm going to think about it. Really hard.

    In the meantime, I LOVE YOUR OUTFIT.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty skirt! And I love the mixing and matching of patterns so I am with your dad on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i had seen this skirt at Target! It was along with that green wrap dress that I also think you have! Cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley @ sunnysideshlee.comJune 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM

    This is weird, but I think your hair color makes it work because it provides balance to the rest of the gold/yellow undertones of your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pattern mixing!  I'm tempted to do the 30 for 30 too, but I'm sitting here staring at my closet and it's not looking good! 

    http://inspiredesigncreate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am participating the 30 for 30. I am also too tired to pull out 30 items in this hot weather. I will probably dilate the posting. You look great in this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just thinking yesterday about all your recent top/skirt outfits! You are a pro remixer. And I always forget how long it takes to photograph and post my 30 items...this time was a bit out of control with how much time I spent on it. I think I totally need a spreadsheet though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this outfit is so cute. i love the skirt and shoes. maybe i should try the 30 day challange....

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete